Do you enjoy a fast-paced workplace with consistently changing tasks? Do you have a CDL, work in distribution and logistics or are an experienced forklift operator ? If so, consider a career with Home Central. Fill out an application either online at www.homecentralstores.com/join.html or at one of our locations.
Jobs at Home Central are never narrowly defined roles, but as a member of a team you will be expected to learn many facets of the business and perform a multitude of tasks. Each day at Home Central is never the same and all warehouse/driver personnel are expected to build loads, receive product, perform inventories and provide excellent customer service.
NOW accepting applications for Kitchen and bath Designers
Home Central offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including: Medical and supplemental insurance; bonus plan; Paid Time Off; merchandise discount; & opportunity for advancement.
Join a family-owned company that takes pride in being a stable employer for over 40 years.
#HomeCentralStrong #HomeCentralStores #NowHiring
Kitchen and Bath Designers
Home Central is looking for Kitchen and Bath Designers to join our team. Full-time or part-time positions, with growth potential.
Depending on the customer, you may work on remodeling projects to update an existing home, or start from scratch to create a custom interior design for a residential or commercial space. Our ideal candidate knows the intricacies of bath and kitchen design projects. Having previous design experience, experience in sales, and working in a showroom, is preferable.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with customers and contractors
- Use design software to create a kitchen or bath interior design
- Help customers choose various materials and finishes
- Provide an estimate for the project
- Work with contractors to build out the design
- Keep customers and contractors updated and informed regarding any plan changes or delays in progress
- Knowledge of millwork and construction preferred
- Attend to customers both in-person and on the phone, including answering a variety of questions concerning merchandise
- Process quotes and job bids
- Arrange and help to coordinate deliveries
- Assist customers in finding answers to their project specific questions
- Consistently follow through on special orders, service requests and job quotes in a timely manner
- Process sales transactions for any type of customer (cash, check, credit, on account, etc.,) including return transactions, account payments
- Maintain a good working knowledge of sales procedures and policies
- Keep vigilant watch to avoid theft, vandalism or other abuse
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and superiors
- Maintain store appearance and safety
- Stock shelves, perform physical inventory checks and assist customers in finding the products they want/need
- Participate in training programs and maintain knowledge of new products
- Process incoming stock orders, gather stock for other store locations, place stock and special orders
- Pursue new customers and try to obtain new sales opportunities
- Assist warehouse crew when they need help
- Understand and perform proper opening and closing procedures
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong design skills
- Good customer service skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and list
- Computer and phone experience
- Deal closing or sales experience is a plus
- A portfolio of past work is a plus
- Competence in customer service and ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and superiors
- Basic ability to use a computer and undergo training on the existing sales, inventory and ordering systems
- Adherence to store policies, including proper work apparel and tidy appearance
- Light to medium lifting (up to 50 lbs. regularly, 50+ lbs. occasionally)
- Strong knowledge of merchandise, overall grasp of construction techniques, willingness to continually expand knowledge and pursue specialization in certain product areas
- Capacity to follow through on requested tasks and remain motivated to stay busy throughout each workday