Do you enjoy DIY projects and have a love for interacting with the public? Home Central is currently accepting applications for retail sales positions. Knowledge of areas like construction, household repairs and maintenance, paint or gardening are valuable assets, but will not be required.
Home Central is interested in motivated candidates who value honesty and have excellent phone and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to operate a computer is necessary, but additional computer knowledge and math skills may be advantageous, as well as experience in merchandising and inventory.
If you enjoy helping customers solve problems and want to work for a stable, family owned company, please respond to this ad with your resume or fill out an application at any of our locations, or online at: www.homecentralstores.com/join.html
Provide prompt, courteous and consistent customer service while participating in the constant process of stocking and maintaining the sales floor.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Attend to customers both in-person and on the phone, including answering a variety of questions concerning merchandise
- Process sales transactions for any type of customer (cash, check, credit, on account, etc.,) including return transactions, account payments, quotes and arranging deliveries
- Maintain a good working knowledge of sales procedures and policies
- Keep vigilant watch to avoid theft, vandalism or other abuse
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and superiors
- Maintain store appearance and safety
- Merchandise & stock shelves, perform physical inventory checks and assist customers in finding the products they want/need
- Consistently follow through on requested tasks
- Participate in training programs
- Process incoming stock orders, gather stock for other store locations and assist in placing special orders for customers
- Assist with cash-up processes
- Understand and perform proper opening and closing procedures
- Competence in customer service and ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and superiors
- Basic ability to use a computer and undergo training on the existing sales and inventory system
- Adherence to store policies, including proper work apparel and tidy appearance
- Light lifting (less than 25lbs consistently, 25-50lbs occasionally)
- General knowledge of merchandise, willingness to continually expand knowledge and pursue specialization in certain product areas
- Capacity to follow through on requested tasks and remain motivated to stay busy throughout each workday